Tuesday, October 15, 2013

31 days {enjoying her growth}



I wrote this post a while ago, but am just getting around to posting it. 
One of my favorite ways to enjoy my kids is just watching them grow and change. 
Its exciting to see them get bigger, change, and learn. 
I'm hoping to keep up with these monthly posts of Maeva and get better at them with Braden! 
Maeva will be 14 months old next week, but I guess its better late than never! 
I hope you enjoy the letter from her! 

Hello, 
I'm barely over thirteen months old and I just needed to share what's new in my life! 
Mom and dad say I'm learning and growing so much. 
I think its a bit of a surprise to them, all I am up to. 
Brother seems to get surprised as well and I can tell he thinks its fun to see me do new things!
Recently I learned to climb the stairs. 
I'm not entirely sure how I knew that I could do this, but one day it just happened. 
It was no big deal really and I actually think its pretty cool.
Now when mom goes up the steps, instead of screaming and crying, I just follow her. 
I can also get to brother if I want to. 
He thinks its pretty awesome that I can climb the steps! 
The first time he saw me do it he said, "Look at you! Look at you!" 
Brother can be such an encourager. He can be crazy too though, let me tell you! 
I'm also talking a lot more. 
This seems to be about the oddest things to my parents. 
I guess they don't remember my brother talking as much at my age, 
but I probably should thank him because I do learn a lot from that guy! 
What words am I saying these days? 
Well I can say: car, done, juice, again, and yes. 
I'm sure there are more than that, but come on my memory isn't that awesome yet 
(or really, you can just blame mom and her preggo brain)!
I really enjoy being able to communicate. 
I also really enjoy food. This should really be no surprise. 
I love spaghetti, cereal, milk, and cookies. 
Food just makes me happy, but some times I like to throw it on the floor. 
For some reason my parents think this means I'm done, which is not always the case. 
They'll take me out of my high chair and then I'll eat the food off the floor right away. 
Maybe they should sweep it up before they put me down, don't you think? 
Other things I enjoy: Being held, read to, baths, playing with blocks.
Oh, I'm also better at being in my crib. 
I don't shriek and scream when I first wake up in the morning. 
Its nice to just talk to myself and have time alone in the morning. 
Mom and dad seem to appreciate that too... 
Not brother though... I am not sure what's up with him, but he makes so much noise in his room! 
He bangs on the door, plays loudly with toys, screams. 
He drives me so crazy some times and isn't always very nice. 
He likes to knock me down and I just don't understand why. 
I'm not mean to him. 
Mom says I'll get him back some day. I hope that day comes sooner rather than later!
I do love him though and enjoy playing with him. 
Some times I even enjoy his hugs! 
Oh, did you know I'm having a baby sister?
That's right, I'm no longer going to be the baby, but the big sister!
I'm not sure how I feel about this... at times it seems like a good thing, other times it makes me sad.
Mom seems excited that I'll have a sister. 
I feel sorry for brother though, especially if there are two of me! ;)
Well, that's it for now! I'll update you on my life as it gets more interesting.

Love, 
Mae (that's what brother likes to call me)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray