Thursday, October 10, 2013

31 days {unplugging it + my addiction}



I truly believe unplugging from the internet helps me enjoy my kids more. 
Or, at least I know it would help, but I'm just not very good at it. 
I've been thinking about it a lot these last few days and how it is a real addiction of mine. 
There's facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest. Also, this space. 
All things I get easily pulled into and I believe truly take away from my children. 
That is part of why I am just now blogging today 
and why I've felt icky about the internet these last few days. 
Do you ever just feel tired of it? Feel like it drags you down? 
Do you ever feel like it takes away from the more important things?
I know that there are some that are better at managing it, some that don't get addicted. 
I wish I was that person, but I'm being honest here and admitting that I'm not. 
And the thing is I'm not even sure why I get so addicted. 
Often its just looking at what is on social media and not always engaging. 
Of course that too can be a problem, but really its just needing to see whats going on.
I'm going to be thinking more about this. 
Maybe there are parts of the internet I need to not be apart of. 
Maybe I need to rethink how I use my blog. 
For me and my family. 
I want to place my attention where it is most needed. 
I don't want put time into the internet than my relationship with God or my life. 
It is that big of a deal. I'll be praying a lot about this and sharing more I'm sure. 

Do you ever struggle with this? Are there social media outlets you stay away from? 
Share your thoughts. I'd love to hear, really! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray