Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Doing more of what makes me happy!



I've been thinking about this a lot lately, wondering what makes me happy. 
Honestly, I feel like I've lost a bit of myself since getting married + having babies. 
Not that I would change it, because I wouldn't,
but the focus is so often on others and not on myself. 
I know that's the way it should be. I'm called to be selfless, I'm called to give to others.
However, that doesn't mean I shouldn't take care of myself! 
I should because in order to take care of others, I have to take care of me! 
I believe that taking care of me means doing things that I enjoy! 
Doing things that make me happy! 

So, what makes me happy? 
Snapping photos with my big girl camera and not just my iPhone! 
Drinking from a mason jar. 
Coffee. Always coffee. Drinking it from a mason jar outside in the morning is a plus! 
Writing. Blogging.
Snuggling with my kids. 
Napping.
Watching tv. Sometimes alone. Sometimes with my husband.
Reading a good book or a good blog! 
Being a giver and encourager! I used to do this more. I need to do it more! 
Going on walks. 
Having my hair done. 
Listening to Pandora. 

These are just a few things. 
They are little, simple things.
But really, they make a big difference for me.
I'm going to think more about this, 
more about the small things and the big things that make me happy. 
And I'm going to do them more because I deserve it and you do too!
Let's all do more things that make us happy! 


2 comments:

  1. I totally 100% agree with this post. It's not that you would change being married and having kids at all, but sometimes you forget what makes you happy because you're always trying to make others happy. I feel ya! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely lose yourself a bit with marriage + littles. This is a great list, and something good to remember

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray