Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 days {No Rush}



A big part of this challenge for me is having to slow down. 
I knew this was going to be a challenge for me. 
I'm not always going, but I do tend to have a list in my head of things I need to do. 
It has been good though, slowing down, and enjoying my kids more. 
I told myself one of the times I really needed to do this was at bed time. 
Often I have the mindset of, "is it bed time yet?" and getting the kids there quickly.

But this week I've been making the effort to slow down during that time. 
With Maeva it's holding her longer before putting her in her crib. 
With Braden it's not rushing through a book with him, but letting him go at his own pace. 
This has been such a blessing to me this week! 
I'm noticing how Maeva still really likes to be held. How she needs it. 
I'm noticing even more how smart Braden is. 
That book, he's chosen to look at it multiple times this week. 
He tells me what's on every page and is recognizing his ABC's and numbers. 
I'm so proud of him! 

So, mama's I know slowing down is hard. 
I know some nights you just need to get them to bed. 
But try to slow down, just a bit because maybe they need you a little longer. 
Maybe you'll notice something about them you haven't. 
Maybe it will bless you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray