Monday, September 23, 2013

Ten Words

Today I'm linking up with a fresh start on a budget for the September blog challenge.
Can you believe it's almost October? Where does life go?!?
The prompt for today is 10 words to describe yourself.
Ten words seems like a lot, but I shall try!


Ten words that describe me.

Compassionate. I've always been a compassionate person. I believe it goes along with the fact that I feel deeply. I've always been one of those people that can relate to others. I may not have the same experiences as every person, but if you're hurting, I hurt right along with you and probably crying too. If you're feeling joy, I feel it too. At times being compassionate can be hard, because like I said, I feel deeply. I can get really wrapped up in others peoples experiences and emotions. Makes me feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. However, I'm thankful for this because I know the world needs more people that care and love. 

Fixer. I never really thought I was a fixer until college. I tried to fix people, tried to change people. 
Its a great thing to want to help, but I'd get a bit extreme about it. It actually caused me to lose my best friend from college. We're friends again, but it's different. It's hard to say that I am thankful for a different relationship, but really I needed to change. Maybe I'll share that in another post some time. 
Its hard not be a fixer if you are one... I feel like its in my bones, but I really have to work at letting it go. My job is not to fix people. The truth is, that's not even possible. I know that now... took a long time to learn. Only God has that power and He's actually good at it! 

Journaler. I used to spend hours and hours writing in my journal. I love to do it and need to get back at it. I believe this has been one of the best things for me. It allows me to put my heart on paper... the good, the bad, the ugly... my journal is a place where I write letters to God and has helped me so much. I need to work harder at doing this on a regular basis because it is one of the best things I have done for myself. 

Reader. Oh, how I love a good book! In high school I wasn't one to go out much, but you could come find me in my bed reading a good book. I love a good drama and books that make me feel deeply and cry. Go figure! I like to be able to relate to the story. My husband always asks why I'm reading a book if it makes me cry! =) I know its odd, but emotions and words can paint such a beautiful picture of life!

Serious. I am not a joker. Like ever... unless I'm tired. I wish I wasn't so serious all the time. I wish I was a joker, silly, more fun, but its such a struggle for me! I know however, that trying harder to be less serious would be a good thing for me! My husband is a joker and I get so irritated by it sometimes. I need to lighten up for sure! 

Christian. Did you know that word was coming? ;) I love God. I've always believed him, but didn't have a relationship with Him until I was a senior in high school. Its not always easy being a Christian and I know I have a lot to work at and be better at. I'm glad he loves me no matter what! 

Encourager. I love to encourage people! I, again, feel like I used to be better at this! I need to start writing notes to people again... cards to my friends all over the US. I loved to do that and I know many would appreciate it. I also liked to be encouraged. Words on encouragement is my top love language! 

Photographer. I have my own photography business. I wouldn't call myself a professional, not really. I love the feeling of my camera in my hands and seeing memories come together. I still have so much to learn though! I love taking pictures of my babies. That will never get old! 

Dreamer. I'm always dreaming about the future. Thinking about how life is and how I want it to be. 
There is so much I want out of life, so much I hope and pray for. I spend lots of time inside my own head thinking about all these things. 

Wife and Mom. The two things God made me to be that I never even really considered. Well, I shouldn't say didn't consider, but if you would have asked me years ago if I was ever going to get married I would have said no. Same goes for being a mom because I never thought I'd have kids while not being married! These words, they are the best. Being a wife and mom is so much harder than I ever thought it could be. It takes work and aiming to be selfless. It takes a lot of praying. Its hard and painful at times, but really I wouldn't change it for anything. God wanted me to be a wife and mom, so the truth is, I know that I can do it because He has faith in me! 

Well, that was hard, but I did it! 
Now tell me, what ten words describe you? 



1 comment:

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray