Friday, March 1, 2013

On His Shoulders

I have these moments every once in a while where depression sweeps over me. 
Often it comes out of nowhere and I feel completely overcome by it.
I feel the weight of it in my heart, down to my soul, and on my shoulders. 
The life we have is a wonderful one. Without problems? No, but I am surely blessed. 
However, there are moments when everything feels messy. 
There are moments where I feel a mess on the inside and on the outside.
Moments where my sin wears me down and makes me feel as if I'm never going to get past it.
Moments where I feel like the worst wife and mother ever.
Moments where I feel like there's nothing in this world that could make me better at those things.
That's part of my sin too.
Thinking that there is nothing that could change me or my heart. 
I have to remember there is one thing that can change it all, really change it. 
Jesus. He's taken my sin.... my messy, awful, heartbreaking, ugly sin from my shoulders.
He's put it on His own. Then, he took it and nailed it to the cross. 
It's not here to weigh me down. I've been set free. 

Remember that friends. Let your shoulders feel light because you've been set free too! 

1 comment:

  1. This is why I love that we are friends. I needed to hear this. I need to know that other woman struggle too. Not because you are suffering but because we can encourage one another in our struggles & relate in a way were we don't always feel alone. I have so been here my dear and it comes and goes along with really bad anxiety. It's not easy, I know, and I am sorry you are dealing with it. Your heart, sweet friend, is amazing to me. No matter what you are dealing with, you give glory to God that He can and will bring you out of anything you face. You are always looking to see Him in everything and going to Him no matter what. I admire that so much.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray