Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where I was on September 11th 2001

September 11, 2001 is a day all of know about.
Some of us had loved ones die in the tragedy.
Some of us were watching the tv as the planes flew into the twin towers.
Others of us have simple learned about the sad events of that day. 

Its a day that is stuck in my mind. Even as I write this I'm trying my hardest not to cry because even though it didn't affect me personally, IT DID, at the same time. I remember sitting in science class my freshman year of junior high (yes, were the weird state where 9th grade is junior high and not high school) and hearing about it. I was so confused. I didn't understand what had happened even after seeing the footage on tv. I didn't want to ask what it meant because I felt like I should have understood what was going on because the images were right in front of me. Thats the thing about tragedy... it has a strange effect on you. Even if you feel like you shouldn't be confused, you are. Even if you don't know a person thats there, it grabs your heart and you can't think straight, you can't breathe. I remember being so confused and it taking forever to sink in. I remember not knowing what this meant for America, but I did know one thing... America would never be the same.


In all honesty, I try not to think about that day because it breaks my heart. 
Theres a new show on tv about rebuilding ground zero and every time I see it I can't help but tear up.
My heart is still broken over all it... all the pain people felt and still feel. 
I know Gods takes the bad, for those who love Him, and make it good.
I know He has a plan...even with all the pain, He has a purpose.
Thats what I hold tight to.

Here is a poem I wrote after that day.

Attack on America
I lay wide-awake late into the night
Thinking of nothing but this horrible sigh
I see planes crashing into buildings over and over again
I see blazing buildings full of smoke falling to the ground
I see people jumping out of buildings
I'm confused and lost
I wonder why
But all I can do is cry

I think about all the innocent people on the planes,
What they were feeling
Now we're left dealing with the fact that people's lives were taken
Imagine the plain that people are feeling because of lost loved ones
The husband who called his wife, comes to mind
He said they aren't going to let this plan take place,
That they're going to save our Country,
But it would cost them their lives
As I think of that more tears come to my eyes
Why did innocent people have to die?

I never thought I would be alive to witness a crisis like this
I wonder if this will start a war
Can people take much more?
The people that did this make me sick
I don't like this one bit,
It makes my heart sore

Dear God, I for you with all my heart and soul to help family, friends, and American deal with this the best they can -- right now that's my only prayer...
The day 9-11 stands out as a sign

A simple poem written by me when I was young. I tried not to cry as I was typing those words, but even now its hard because I remember it all to clearly. I understood very little then and I guess I still do today because in this world there is so much evil and I can't grasp it. I cannot grasp how the world and so many of its people, created by a loving God, can do such things.

Do you remember where you were on September 11th?
How did it affect you and change your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray