Monday, September 2, 2013
5 reasons I'm excited for fall
Summer is coming to an end and I couldn't be more ready!
Fall is my favorite season and I cannot wait until it finally arrives.
Here are my top reasons that fall is my absolute favorite.
1) The cooler weather. I always think I like the idea of summer, until it actually arrives. This pregnant lady just cannot handle the heat. It makes me sick, tired and cranky! I'm ready to enjoy the weather and be able to take the kids out to enjoy it as well. I feel like a horrible mama making them stay inside most of the time, but it's just too darn hot! It's the perfect weather to me... between summer and winter. Not too hot, but I'm not freezing either!
2) The clothes. Seriously, one of my favorite things is to layer up.
Bring on the leggings, long tunics, cardigans, scarfs and boots.
Gosh, I get giddy just thinking about those things! They are my favorite!
3) The holidays. I've always enjoyed the holidays, but since having my own family I enjoy them so much more! I love dressing my kids up for Halloween. It's fun to just fuss over them making them cute and allowing them to have some fun. Mom doesn't mind getting some candy either! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday however, because of the food. I just love turkey! My son was also born in November, so that makes me love it as well. Can't believe my first baby is going to be 3 soon!
4) The beauty. This reason goes along with the weather, really. Fall to me is just beautiful. The trees, pumpkins, the freshness of the air. Really, those things are beautiful to me. I see God in those things. When I see the beauty in those things, I can't help but think, "How can one not believe in God?" I like that.... it makes me feel better about this world which can be so dark sometimes!
5) Pumpkin spice. If you read my blog or follow me on twitter or instagram this comes as no surprise! ;) I've already had my fill of pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks and it isn't even fall yet! It just tastes so good, that I couldn't wait. However, it will taste far better when there's a little chill in the air!
What's your favorite season? Are you ready for summer to officially end?
Linking up with a fresh start on a budget for the September blog challenge.