Monday, February 11, 2013

Giving Grace

I've realized something lately.
I'm awful at giving grace. I expect to get it myself, but I'm not great at giving it.
I'm not good at giving it to my husband, children, other family members, friends,
or even others in the blogging world.
It's something I'm trying to work on, for the good of everyone.


I'm trying to work on my words and my actions, even my thoughts.
I'm holding my tongue a lot more and reflecting on my feelings.
I've always been one to let my feelings get the best of me.
That is not always a good thing.
I overreact a lot and that's when grace isn't given.


I want to be kinder, more loving, and gentle.
I want to give a whole lot more grace.
God said that His grace is sufficient for me.
If its sufficient for me, then its sufficient for everyone.
I need to give more of it.
It's hard, but I'm asking God to help me.



Is this hard for you?
Are there certain people that you struggle giving grace to?
Or maybe even to yourself?
That can be really tough for me as well!

2 comments:

  1. Grace is hard for me. I have been hurt a lot recently and I am just over it. I am tired of putting myself out there only to get burned. But-- if I would allow myself as much grace as the Lord does? I would be so much better off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is so hard to put yourself out there over and over. I'm not very good at it. I don't trust easily... and if my trust is broken its so hard to get it back! It sucks being burned! I hope that your heart is able to heal from whatever/whom ever has hurt you!

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray