Friday, August 3, 2012

Thankful for toddlerhood


"Being a parent is the hardest job you'll ever have." 
All of us parents have probably heard that a time or two. 
It is something that pops into my head on the hard days because I know its true. 
When the toddler is fussing, throwing fits, won't listen, ect... I know its true. 
It really is the hardest job. 
I figure it always will be. 

It's tough when they are an itty bitty newborn with the crying and being up all sorts of hours.
It's hard when they are a toddler because...
they desperately want to be independent and at times you have to fight them on that!
Its hard when they are a teenager, I am sure, because I remember how I was with my parents.
I imagine its hard when they are adult too.
You have to sit back and let them be adults.
You have to watch them make their own choices...
and at times probably wanting them to chose differently.
Or seeing them in hurt through out life because that's how life is sometimes.


Toddlerhood has been really hard lately. 
Most days are tough because Braden so desperately wants to do things his way, when he wants too! 
I mean I get it, because well, aren't we the same way? 
But he can't always have his way, because everything he wants isn't always what is best for him. 
I've found it easy to get caught up in the bad moments. 
I've found it easy to complain about his fussing or fit throwing. 
However, I don't like that... I don't like that some days all I do is complain about him or seem to some like I don't enjoy being his mama at all because I love him dearly. Being his mama is the best job. 


So today I'm telling myself to be thankful for motherhood, thankful for my toddler.
Because truthfully, in my heart, even in the bad moments, I am so thankful for him. 
I wouldn't have my life any other way.


I am thankful for a toddler who is growing big and strong. 
Its so fun to watch him enjoy new things...
like coloring and actually using the crayons instead of eating them,
Or cars, cars, cars. Always cars. 

I am thankful for a toddler who enjoys being outside. 
He'd be outside all day if we let him.
Its his favorite place and I love that.

I am thankful for a toddler who sleeps in most of the time.
Who plays in his room in the morning until he wants to come out.
Who is, more often than not, happy when he wakes. 



I am thankful for a toddler who likes to kiss and hug.
Who likes to wrestle with his daddy...
And cries when daddy stops because apparently it is just that much fun! 

I am thankful for a toddler who eats well.
Thankful that he asks for yogurt, bananas, strawberries, and apples. 
Okay... often it is oreos too. 

I'm thankful for a toddler who likes to read books and play with blocks. 
Thankful for a toddler who likes to play with his parents but also by himself. 

I'm thankful for a toddler who is getting better at listening! 
So thankful for that! =)


I'm thankful for a toddler who is most of the time a happy little guy.
Full of smiles and giggles. 
Who really is just the most adorable little boy I know. 

So much to be thankful for when it comes to him. 
He really is a great little boy!
Love my Braden! 


2 comments:

  1. He is adorable :)

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =)

      I hope you have a good weekend as well!

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray