Thursday, April 5, 2012

Parenting advice. Sometimes I want it, sometimes I don't.


"Parenting is the hardest job you will ever have."
Heard it. Lived it. Believe it.
Especially these last few weeks when it comes to me being a stay-at-home mom.

He cries. He screams at me. He hits me. He just doesn't want to listen to me.
He listens to dad way better, which I understand.
I may understand it, but its not going to work that way.
Yes, I know dads are more of the disciplinary, but he has to listen to us both.
It's something we will work on time and time again, I know.

It gets overwhelming sometimes.
Especially when its day after day.
I've needed an outlet, which usually is saying something on facebook, twitter, or blogging about it.
Maybe not the best option for me because it leads to advice.
Sometimes parenting advice is welcome, sometimes its not.
Today, its definitely the later.
I'll take it somedays. I'll follow it somedays.
But you know what I really want?
Sometimes I just want to SAY that its a rough day.
I just want to SPEAK the words, that this is hard.
It doesn't mean I want advice. That, at times, just adds to the frustration.
I know people mean well, but...
Sometimes I just want someone to say, "I get it." or "I'm praying for you."
Somedays that's all I want, that's all I need.

2 comments:

  1. Yup! Parenting is tough and sometimes it can suck. I, like you, just want to vent sometimes and not have someone "fix" it for me. Just listening can be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I'm new here, and I just adore your blog! I'm off to stalk the rest of your site... Have a wonderful weekend, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray