Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspiration Workshop (week 3)

I'm really excited for this weeks prompt for the inspiration workshop at Gussy Sews! The prompt is green, which could be the color green or "going green." I chose to go with the recycling lingo, "going green." I've never been one to go green (I know, I know....awful person), but it is appealing to me! In college, us girls in the coffee house recycled, but that was pretty much as far as it went for me. However, lately I have found a few things that stuck with me when it comes to reusing and recycling. I will share one of my favorites with you!



I receive emails from Simple Mom and often love them, but this is one of my favorite articles. Have old letters and cards laying around? Stuck in a box, in the back of your closet? Well, there are so many things that can be done with them. 

You can:
- Scan old letters and save them on your computer.
- Tuck them in your scrapbook or journal.
- Keep them to give them back to the writer later on in life.
- Make gift cards out of old cards.
- Use cards as scrapbook or journal embellishments. 
- Make cards into postcards.
- Donate cards tops (girl scouts/summer camps could use them as crafts).

I am just in love with this. I have so many cards from friends, my wedding, and baby shower. They would be perfect for scrap booking, my journal, baby booking, or postcards! Excited to go through mine and see what I'd like to do with them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray