Sunday, December 11, 2011

Words you just know

Do you have scripture that you know by heart?
Scripture that you find speaks into your life time and time again? 
That's what I'm thinking about today....the scripture that I just know.
I know a few verses and as I write this, I can't help but think that there should be more.
Whenever I open my Bible (which isn't as much as it should be) I find peace in His words. A peace I don't find elsewhere and I want more of that...I'm thirsty for that.

Back to my question... what scripture do you know by heart? 
One scripture I've clung to time and time again in my life is Luke 6:27-28

"But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."

There was a time in my life when I was full of hatred... so much that it was all I could think about.I felt like it was eating me alive and I became angry and angry the more I thought about it.It was horrible and left me in tears often. I read this verse at that point and knew thats how I'd make it through...thats how I'd survive. I didn't want to love my enemy, do good, bless, or pray. I definitely didn't want to pray, but I did...thats where I started because I think prayer more than anything, softens the heart. Which again, as I write this, I think I need more of that too! 

I'm thirsty...so thirsty for those things and for Him.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Tough words to follow, but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James 1:2-5 and Hebrews 11:1
    I also weekly focus on Matthew 5, 6 and 7!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray