Sunday, December 4, 2011

On taking a break

I'm back from a blogging break and thats what I want to write about today!

Sometimes I need to take breaks from blogging and social networking as a whole.
I'm not always very good at it because I do enjoy it and it tends to suck me in. 
I get tired of it, though because it feels like it takes a lot of work.
Thinking about what to write, having pictures, editing pictures, and getting my words right.
I find myself, often, thinking, "Oh, I could blog about this!" 
I am glad that I have things in my life I want to blog about, but I don't want to think about what to blog in my life more than I live my life! Know what I mean?

I've also realized that I have the type of personality that lets other things get in the way of other things I should be doing! I think that I've let that happen with blogging (it used to be facebook, but I gave that up for multiple reasons).  Honestly, I don't know how other wives and mothers do it -- they work, take care of their home and family, have a relationship with God, AND blog... plus a string of other things. Its a lot of work and I see some amazing women out there doing all these things. I realized the other morning (when I decided to take a break) that I needed to stop and do other things.

I needed to stop and play ball with my son.
I needed to stop and clean.
I needed to stop and pray.
I needed to stop and enjoy time with my husband. 
I needed to stop and do something else.
I just needed to stop and be away from the computer for a bit. 

I didn't do as well as I wanted to, but it was nice to not have to focus so much on my blog, twitter, or whatever else I get sucked into on this little thing we call the computer all day! I want this to be a goal of mine...to not sit on the computer all day long because as much as I love social networking, I do have a real life to live!

Happy Sunday friends! 

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I seriously do not know how other mamas do it either- jobs, social networking divas, bloggers with thousands of followers, a family life...goodness gracious they must be REALLY good at time management! I love taking breaks from all of this- refreshes and refocuses my mission for why I use them in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im with ya too - I also question how on earth all these people get it all done. but then I just have to realize that THAT is not MY reality...I dont have the time, energy, or whatever that others may have...and THATS OKAY. :) its hard to remember that sometimes! and its so so good to take a break too. (remember I took a two month break over the summer? it was SO so good for me to realign priorities, as much as I missed this community!) Anyways, be proud of yourself for recognizing you needed a break - I think alot of those mamas we admire for "doing it all" forget its ok to stop every now and then. Love to you and PEACE to you today girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO HEAR YOU!!!!

    Loud and Clear!

    Great reminder.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray