Wednesday, June 13, 2012

28 and 29

Last week I didn't do a bump update because I was in California,
so today, you get a two in one bump update! =)

Top: Fashion Bug. Maternity leggings: JC Penny. Shoes: Toms. Earrings: Made them. 

Last week involved a lot of traveling. We hopped on a plane here in KC to catch another plane in Denver to our destination, L.A. It was a bit rough on the bump. Our plane got into Denver late, so we had to run from our terminal to the next. Can I just say pregnant women don't run well? I walked as fast as I possibly could and it HURT. I felt my legs and ankles swelling. I thought I was going to fall over, but I pushed myself and we made it. When we got on the plane one of the flight attendants asked if I was okay and if I was going to have that baby, right then? He said he wasn't trained in that area. I reassured him, that no, she was staying in there! 

Traveling also involved a lot of riding in the car because of going to San Fran from L.A. Nice to be able to sit, but 6 hours of sitting got a bit uncomfortable too. Thank goodness for stops along the way... like In-N-Out. Made my belly happy, but maybe not my weight gain. :S There was lots of walking as well, which was good exercise, but sometimes the bump got really tight and it was hard. Lots of kicking going on, though, which always makes me happy.

Headband: Gussy Sews. Necklace: c/o Out Of Alabaster. Belt: Lovenell. Shirt: Modcloth. Cami: Forever21. Shorts: Kohls. Earrings: Target. 

This week, I am glad to be home! I'm a bit sick with a cold and exhausted, but other than that 
we are doing great! I went to my OB appointment the Monday we got back and sadly all the walking didn't help me not gain weight...too many In-N-Out burgets and fries, I guess! 

Maeva is doing well though - her kicks are starting to feel different...stronger, because she's running out of room! Still 10 more weeks baby girl, so I hope you are able to stay comfy in there! My doctor said we are all set to have the c-section on August 20th and I go back in 3 weeks. Thinking about that has made me want to cry. I am so excited to meet little Maeva. To hold her, kiss her, look at her, love her. But there's still that fear of having two kids. I know I can do it though - with help from God and my husband, all will be well... more than well because we will have the best babies. =) 

Speaking of seeing Maeva, I made our appointment to have a 3D ultrasound on the 30th. We didn't do this with Braden, so it will be a new experience and we are very much looking forward to it. 


pleated poppy 

17 comments:

  1. Traveling is so hard when you are pregnant! Last summer I was about 24 weeks and I drove 5 hours to go to a summer dance intensive. I must have been insane...

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I won't be doing it again when pregnant, that's for sure! =) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the way you dress your bump! Especially with the belt and tee- such a simple way to dress it up, especially when it's hot. You look fantastic!

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =)
      I don't normally wear tees, but love this one, especially with a belt!

      Delete
  3. You are so cute! I'm so impressed when pregnant women actually get dressed! I NEVER did. Yoga pants were my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sometimes it takes a while for me to get dressed...like somedays it may happen in the afternoon!
      Thank you =)

      Delete
  4. wowwww! you're getting soo close!! can't wait to see the 3D ultrasound photo, if you are sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These outfits are so cute! I love how you style your bump. Sounds like you've been doing a lot of traveling. Hope you get to take it easy soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking it easy now! =) No more traveling for this preggo mama!

      Delete
  6. You make such a beautiful mama to be!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Sometimes I don't feel that way! Nice to hear!
      =)

      Delete
  7. your belly is so cute! and i really like your tee with the map on it :)

    liz
    emsugihara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! =) I love that tee -- probably my favorite!

      Delete
  8. maeva.... what a beautiful name! i'm really excited for you! how fun!! you are ready to pop!! yayyyy!! :) and you look fab!! xoxo linds {{www.rubygirlblog.com}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look amazing! i love how cute your bump looks in the world tee. maeva is such a beautiful name :)

    xx brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray