Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A letter about fear and trust



Oh Sweet Girl,
I'm so excited to meet you.
I see little girl clothes as I walk through stores and can't wait to put them on you.
I look into your brothers room, so excited to turn it into a room for both of you.
But, as excited as I am, I'm scared too.
Having a baby is a scary thing because they are going to be so dependent on you.
Yet, that's not what scares me. What scares me is having a little girl.
I clearly know what its like to be a girl and that what makes me so sacred.
I know what its like to be sensitive. Maybe more sensitive than I should be.
I know what its like to get your heart broken and how much it really hurts.
I know what its like to deal with other girls who aren't so nice.
Those are the things that scare me, that keep my mind going at night.
You will probably deal with those things, baby girl. Its part of life, part of being a girl.
I promise, though, that you'll never do it alone. You have me and your daddy.
You have God too, don't forget that. Okay?
I promise that I'll try my hardest to remember what its like to be a little girl or a teenager.
I promise that its okay to cry and I'll probably cry with you a lot.
I promise that daddy and I will protect you the best we can. Just like we try with your brother.
I'm sure your brother will come to your rescue a few times too, when he's older.
Mostly though, I promise you that will God will get you through it all.
I know that because He got me through a lot too.

Love you always,
Mama



null pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. You look stunning! Love the pics, esp the second to the last! Makes me miss my baby bump something fierce!! Rock on hot mama!! Your letter is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful letter! So true and so sweet. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think just having those concerns (and admitting them!) probably means you're already a fantastic mom :) Beautiful name you've picked, too!

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post. I just stumbled upon your blog and happy I did. You have an amazing heart, clearly. And that outfit?! SO cute.

    XO
    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious!!! I hope that if the Lord blesses us with a daughter next, that I will be one of the understanding moms that can honestly say "I know what you're going through, because I've been there". The teenage years will be difficult, but you're so right, God will get us through them!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray