Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why I blog

Stripped tee: Old Navy. Tank: My grandma's dresser (crazy, huh?). Shorts and necklace: Kohls.


I've been meaning to do a blog post about why I blog for a while now, so here we go!

I love to write. I used to be able to spend hours filling journals. In college I filled about twelve and I also wrote for the newspaper during that time as well. I used to write poetry too, when I was a teenager. Writing has always been a way to get things out. I'm a big believer (for myself) that putting thoughts and feelings down on paper makes people feel better. Its my way of being creative and expressing myself. I'm trying to be more vulnerable here, which is hard for me, but I think in the long run it will be a good thing. 

I first started blogging to keep family and friends updated on life. I wanted them to get a glimpse of my married, mothering life and blogging made that possible. Its turned into more than that. Its a place for me to not only share things with others, but its a place for me to write memories, for myself. Pictures can say a lot, but words are important too. I want to be able to come back to this blog years down the road and be able to read and remember what I was going through and thinking during certain parts of my life. So, this blog, its about sharing, but its also about memories. 

I also write, hoping that someplace, somewhere, someone can relate to my life. No, my life isn't this grand thing, but there are things in my life that are different from others. Maybe someone can relate to my struggles in motherhood, or how sometimes I feel like marriage is super hard, or my testimony. Maybe I can give someone hope. Maybe this is selfish, but I look for that hope too, in this blogging world. That's another reason I started blogging... to connect with other bloggers. Maybe I can relate to someone else. Maybe someone else can touch my heart. I know that I've already come across a ton of ladies in the blogging world who have really touched my heart. 

I blog in hopes that I can encourage and be encouraged.
I blog because I enjoy it. Because its fun.

Why do you blog? I'd love for you to tell me!


pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. =) Great post! All very good reasons. 12 journals in college? That is amazing. I need to start journaling more. I have about 20 journals from 5th grade on. I love to go back and read through them. It's so fun to see exactly where you were at all those years ago! I love your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! And now on to the post...

    I am the same way, I have always loved to write. And it's definitely more fun to actually share what you've written, rather than hiding it away in a notebook!

    I am glad you've decided to share your heart here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I'm glad you blog!
    It's a long story, but yes, sort of. It's over now, so I can watch all the Twilight I want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and im so glad you blog too! love your heart, keep sharing here friend. it is a treasure for us and for you!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Erin Lauray